Social media can occasionally get a bad rap for things like negative comments and cyber bullying. Fargo-Moorhead’s social scene took a turn for the heartwarming last week. Take a look.
WHAT TO SAY WHEN THE ANIMALS BREAK LOOSE…
Not my zoo, not my monkeys. Twitter’s head of communications is sayin’, “see ya” and moving on to other things. Twitter had a rough first quarter. They’re also making some major changes – things like project lightning have people buzzing, but the world got in a tizzy when they removed personalized backgrounds.
WHAT TO SAY WHEN YOU MEET LIL WAYNE…
Young money. If you haven’t heard of Flipagram yet, now you have. It’s a somewhat newish social site you might want to keep your eyes on. Users make short clips of music, videos, and photos. Flipagram also just raised $70 million – not too shabby. It’s been great for musicians but could also be a new way for your brand to tell its story.
THE SHORT OF IT
- Hashtags are more relevant than ever now that Instagram has a search function on the web version. Here are three super-simple #hashtag tips.
- So this isn’t new this week, but some people (cough, one of us, cough) just figured out how to live video chat on Snapchat.
- Amazon Prime Day. Disappointing? You tell us.
- The Federal Trade Commission has updated social media guidelines.
- Storytelling vs. selling demos and tech – which one is better for business? Spoiler alert – storytelling FTW!
- We hope Fooji comes to our area someday. Tweet emoji’s at them and your food is on its way. #FutureOfFood
POP SOME TAGS
TELLWELL DISCOUNT ALERT
TEDxFargo backs a few things Tellwell believes in: community, storytelling, and following your passion. Want to go to TEDxFargo but don’t have tickets yet? Use coupon code: TELLWELL for 15% off. The code is good for the first 30 people, so hurry up and get ’em!
Send your thanks to Gia, Tellwell co-founder, for being on the TedxFargo planning committee!
NEVER MISS THE SOCIAL SHARE AGAIN!